If you are on the lookout for a Best Single Speed Bikes, you might want to consider what typical size bike is right for you.
Getting your Road bike sizing is not overly difficult as long as you keep a few things in mind.
This website is dedicated to making it as easy as possible so that you dont need to spend a long time sorting it out and as a result this should mean that yopu have more free time to enjoy your new bike with.
On the pages that follow you will find everything you need to know.
Why Is Road Bike Sizing Important?
- Safety. First and foremost, if you are less likely to have an accident if your road bike sizing is correct, but this applies for any style of bike. If you are comfortable you can easily concentrate on what is happening around you are will not be prone to concentration lapses.
- Speed. A road bike will be faster in certain setups and you can usually tell by looking at it . for example, if the handles are lower and quite far away from the seat then this would be faster than if they were closer and higher up. Of course, this is a fairly distinct style and if its one that interests you then if you dont get it right, it can be uncomfortable, especially over longer periods.
- Effort. You will find it much easier to cycle for longer if you have a good sized bike. You can use the road bike sizing chart that is shown later on to decide which would be the best for you.
What else is there to bear in mind about road bike sizing?
It doesn’t stop there either – there are many reasons why you should look to get an appropriate sized road bike, some are more common sense than others.
Most people will want to protect their purchase especially when it is not uncommon to spend 3 or 4 figures on a bike.
By paying a little extra you can often pick up the best road bike to suit your uses. Here are also a few more reasons to do so;
- Comfort – there is no point in spending your hard earned cash if you are not going to be comfortable on the bike you decide to get. While you can usually get away with generic sizing and me comfortable enough you might find that a quick measure up persuades you to change the size you get (again refer to the road bike sizing chart that follows).
- Value for money – if you dont get on with your bike, the chances are you wont be using it very much or will forget about it all together. This doesnt make a particularly good investment. Take a minute to ensure the bike you purchase isnt too small and is the right size to reduce the chance of this happening. (of course, you will still have to stay motivated).
Choose the right size frame
One of the most important things to get right is to choose the right size frame for your road bike. In order to make a reasonable estimation on the correct size for you, please use the bike sizing chart below. You will need to use your inseam and height measurements as the keys shown on the frist 2 columns and you will find the frame size in the last.
This is not the be-all and end-all of sizing and should be used as a guide because everyone is different and some measurements might not suit be totally accurate for a small minority
|Table to help choose your frame size|
|Height||Inseam Length||Bike Frame Size|
|4’10” – 5’1″||25.5″ – 27″||46 – 48 cm|
|5’0″ – 5’3″||26.5″ – 28″||48 – 50 cm|
|5’2″ – 5’5″||27.5″ – 29″||50 – 52 cm|
|5’4″ – 5’7″||28.5″ – 30″||52 – 54 cm|
|5’6″ – 5’9″||29.5″ – 31″||54 – 56 cm|
|5’8″ – 5’11”||30.5″ – 32″||56 – 58 cm|
|5’10” – 6’1″||31.5″ – 33″||58 – 60 cm|
|6’0″ – 6’3″||32.5″ – 34″||60 – 62 cm|
|6’2″ – 6’5″||34.5″ – 36″||62 – 64 cm|
Of course, road bike sizing isnt all about frame size.
To get the most comfort out of your road bike, you have started to take the right steps into getting the road bike sizing correct. However, you still have some more decisions to make, such as the type and style of seat, the wheels, and the weight. If these are of no interest to you, then you can use the above chart as a guide to buy your road bike, but otherwise, you might want to look at the other pages on this website for some assistance and advice to help you choose.